19.4.11

Upcycle Design

I've fallen down the rabbit hole into the wonderful world of Etsy.  So many amazing idea's, creative designers & wonderful artists.  I started a mission to find myself new bedside lamps & I've become particularly fond of the upcycling duo BootsNGus.

Upcycling.. i didn't really know what this meant & searched for a definition (thank you Wikipedia).
Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value.

So BootsNGus specialize in upcycled lighting & affordable vintage homewares.  There lighting creations are handcrafted using old glass jars, retro tupperware & even wicker waste paper baskets which surprisingly create a lovely ambiance.

I fell in love at first sight, it's a lovely way to be vintage, but with a bit of personality.

http://www.etsy.com/people/BootsNGus















No comments:

Post a Comment